Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My new kitchen - a fresh coat of paint.

We have been in our current house almost 2 years. Gradually we have been doing a project here and there but more recently I have been a home decorating rampage and have a goal of finishing all the painting projects by the end of the summer. I decided recently to tackle the kitchen. The green just wasn't my style and since I spend majority of my time in the kitchen, it seemed like the best place to start. I don't even know what i would call this green? All I know is that is wasn't my style and had to go.
Before:
(and if you look closely yes that is bacon in the fry pan. sorry).

After:
So here is my new kitchen. Is amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do!

A blue kitchen is just what this home needed! Everything feels so much better downstairs now.
 I'm a happy camper.

Just in case you are wondering the blue is "Prussian Cadet" by Valspar. My goal was to find a deep, earthy blue and this was the winner. I will be sure to post more of my home decor adventures throughout the rest of the summer. My daughters room is almost complete!

7 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I wish we could paint at our place! And, yes, I'll see you tomorrow night. : ) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're the best - its nice to know someones reading my blog:)
    v

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because I'm pretty certain that YOU are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the blue! It looks so fresh and nautical. And there are so many colors that work well with that shade, too! Looks fantastic. I'm jealous of you and all your summer renovations! If I don't go into labor soon, you should hire me out to help you paint. (I'm not even kidding.)

    And by "hire" I mean "pay me in lemonade and Izzy time". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanessa,
    your kitchen looks really lovely! You chose a beautiful shade of blue.
    Love the red lantern too ;)
    Monica x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the red lantern is acutally in my next blog post! it has a new home... thanks Moncia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is very useful. Thank you so much for providing plenty of useful content. I have bookmark your blog site and will be without doubt coming back. Once again, I appreciate all your work and also providing a lot vital tricks for your readers.
    interior Painting

    ReplyDelete