Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 20: Baby Shower Love.

Recently I went to a baby shower for my friend Johanna. She knew she was expecting a boy (her 3rd son) and I figured she probably already had plenty of clothes and toys and I knew she would be getting showered with lots more so I decided to give her something a little different. I made her one of my rosette necklaces with five roses. Her new bub is the fifth addition to the family so I thought it was suitable!



Sometimes it seems like its just meant to be because I realized when she opened the gift and put the necklace on that it matched her outfit. Perfectly. I love it when things like that happen.


There is something special about a handmade gift or something that the person being showered wouldn't expect. Actually I just had mentioned Johanna on Day 16 because of the flowers she gave my daughter on her birthday. In addition to those flowers she also included fresh, locally grown strawberries. I honestly think that its the gifts like that, and hopefully like mine, that are the ones that really make an impact. And that the person receiving will clearly remember. Otherwise, mum and bub are doing well. In fact he is almost a couple of months old now! Time just flies way too fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment