Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ready to start some new Scrapbooks.

I'm feeling really disappointed with my scrapbook efforts over the past few years. I used to be so good at cranking out pages but over the past few years I seem to have let go of scrapbooking a little. Which isn't good. It isn't terrible either because I know I have worked hard on other creative projects (lots of card-making, mixed-media and wearable projects) but I miss scrapbooking frequently. I'm currently in the middle of "Operation Organize" at home and getting our spare bedroom in order is my priority this week. It's getting a fresh coat of paint and I'm setting it up as an office/art room. While doing some reorganizing this afternoon I started looking back through some old scrapbook albums. I came across some of the first scrapbook pages I created for Izzy. I hadn't looked at these in a while and all of a sudden I felt like a complete failure and tears started welling up in my eyes (I might be PMSing). I think it was a mixture of "oh my gosh I forgot how tiny she was" and "why the heck am I not scrapbooking as much as I used to?" I'm confident that in 1-2 weeks I will have the room in order and ready to create. So in addition to creating something with my Amy Butler fabric as I mentioned in my last post, a few scrapbook pages are in order. asap. I have never been much of a journaler except for holiday scrapbooks, so I need to start journaling more also. Just for fun, here is a look back at a few of my pages from four years ago...





I will be back on the scrapbook subject in a few weeks with some fresh, new pages. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment